Every year prior to the PGA Merchandise show, there’s a two day event open to the public called Golfest. It’s $10 a person and as far as I know, it’s sort of a dry run for the folks who are participating in demo day.
This years Golfest 2009 is taking place out at Orange County National on Saturday, January 24th & Sunday 25th from 9am -4pm.
Here’s a list of some of the activities.
• Catch a dynamic LONG DRIVE DEMO with Jamie Sadlowski & Art Sellinger*, and get tips from LPGA British Open Champion Karen Stupples. *Sadlowski holds the RE/MAX World Long Drive record-winning drive of 418 yards. Sellinger is a two-time National Long Drive Champion
• Bring your club for a FREE regripping by Winn Grips. One club per attendee. No putters.
• Receive a FREE $10 Edwin Watts Golf gift card. One per adult while supplies last.
• One (1) FREE round of golf at Hunter’s Creek GC with paid cart fee; certain restrictions apply.
• FREE golf lessons all weekend courtesy of the North Florida PGA and Play Golf America.
• Visit the team of Florida Hospital Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation as they launch their new Golf Program!
• Have a drink and play some games for prizes at the Gentleman Jack and Golfnow.com 19th Hole.
• Swing by the Chrysler display at Golfest Orlando and test drive one of our featured 2009 models. Chrysler is Driving America
• Here’s your chance to win $10,000 at the Gentleman Jack Short Game Challenge! Test your short game skills at the putting, sand shot and chipping contests.
• Enjoy golf entertainment on the North Florida PGA Main Stage.
• Play the Golfest 9-Hole Challenges presented by PremierJuniorTour.com. Open to kids, Women & Seniors). Saturday only.
I’m planning on attending Saturday for sure and perhaps Sunday as well. Here’s the link Golfest 2009.
For $10 bucks, this seems like a good way to spend a weekend. 🙂
If you’re going to head out there, let me know and we’ll try and meet up.